Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Wow, 2009 already. I remember back in the 90s and thinking "In 2000, I will be 24 years old." Now I am way past that. My birthday is quickly approaching and my birthday presents are sitting on our table. I picked out most of it but Ray has a little bit to surprise me with.

Anyway, I hope 2009 is good to us. All the past years have been. Two big things I hope happen to us this year. One, is we hope Ray gets a tech sergeant slot at work. Currently there are five openings and he will be putting in for most of them Monday when he goes back to work. He may not get any of those but that should set him up to hopefully get one of the next slots. Second, I hope to add to our family this year. Time will only tell if that happens.

Some of my new resolutions include:
1. Read the Book of Mormon again.
2. Finish the Bible finally. I have read the New Testament a few times but have only gotten to Judges or something in the Old Testament. I will press on this year.
3. Get back in shape regardless if I get pregnant or not.
4. If I don't get pregnant, lose 15-20 pounds. (I plan on doing #3 & 4 by having Ray put the trailer hitch on my bike and taking Timmy for bike rides every day while Sheila is in school until it gets to hot to ride during the day. Then after that go early in the morning or start working out to my videos again.)
5. Organize my craft stuff and use up stuff by crocheting, sewing, knitting, and scrapbooking so I have more room to store everything. Currently I have about 8 containers worth of yarn, material, and other such supplies (not to mention my cabinet and two stacks of storage cubes of scrapbooking supplies.) My goal is to get it down to 3 bins (one for material, one for notions, and one for yarn) that I can easily store in my bedroom and get it out of the nursery.

Luckily, financially I think we are pretty sound so no resolutions there but I hope to keep us going on the right track and if something comes up that we need to get I can easily adjust the budget to accommodate that.

Which leads to my next thought. Okay, so we did it. We got the new dryer. And lucky for us when the salesman went to the back to check if they had one in stock he found one that had been cancelled from someone's order so never was delivered and it was clearanced at 30% off and also the pedestal was as well. That saved us another $200. It's the sister model to the one we picked out. He showed us in the book and both model numbers were under the same picture so they should be exactly the same or maybe just a slight difference. We got the steam version. I have been wanting the dryer since before we got the washer. I have always hated my dryer. When I bought it they did not have the one I wanted in stock (and I desperately needed them)and so I just got the cheaper version. The signal never turned off and was so loud. I couldn't wash clothes at night because it would wake me up. (In my apartment before I got married the washer and dryer was in the master bath and there was no door to the bathroom.) Then when we moved here the signal wasn't as bad behind a close door but it was still loud and woke the babies on occassion. Also the dryer always seemed to get too hot so I never used the time dry. So anyway it wasn't too much arm twisting to get me to agreed. I feel good about our decision so I think it is going to be okay and hopefully this pair will last a lot longer. I don't plan on moving them across country any time soon and if we do move again like that we will get movers so they shouldn't get banged around as much in a Uhaul.

2 comments:

Cher said...

congrats on the dryer! Hey what did you get for Christmas? You failed to mention that.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Love your resolutions, hope Ray can get the slot he wants, and you can hit the jackpot with adding to the family. :) Congrats on that new dryer, totally jealous here!