Friday, January 23, 2009

1978

78 was a happy and sad moment for my family. My little sister Sheila was born March 7. She was only with us for a short time before she was called home by Heavenly Father. She died May 13 from pneumonia. As a child I always felt close to her and decided then that I wanted to name my first daughter after her. My second memory was begging my mom to let me hold her. I was two and she finally relented. I sat with Sheila in my arms on the couch for a few moments. That is the only real memory I have of my baby sister.

The 17th temple, Sao Paulo Brazil, was dedicated that year.

World events included Jonestown masacre. Ultrasound was first used. And Garfield the cat syndicated.

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Sheila was a cute baby, and I am sorry I never got to know her. But your Sheila is a great namesake for her!