Thursday, January 29, 2009

1985

My hospital stays were not over in 84. In early 85 while still in 3rd grade I continued to get tonsilitis and strep throat but because of the mono and pneumonia they had to wait until I was better from that before I could have them removed so for spring break I had my tonsils and adenoids removed. After that I didn't get as sick as often.

Since I lost all my friends while I was sick when I got better I started playing with a group of boys. I was always the nurse on a spaceship. So not PC back then. Soon another little girl named Julie moved in and those boys would let her be a nurse too. I got jeaulous and really didn't like her so I started playing by myself. I would swing or jump rope. Sometimes I played with my neighbor and her friends who were second graders. I continued to play with them the following fall as well and was invited to my first sleep over at my neighbor's house.

That fall I started 4th grade. I had Mrs. Hanks. The school had built on a new wing and they brought 4-6th graders out to it so I stayed in Acequia. My sister came back out as well to attend the 6th grade. Mrs. Hanks was an older teacher and probably the meanest teacher I had although she wasn't that mean. She gave me my first B and I cried and cried. I thought I had failed.

Julie was in my class and I really didn't like her. I think Mrs. Hanks saw that and she put me next to Julie. My sister also became friends with her. Slowly we started to warm up to each other and became best friends by the end of the school year.


The Prophet Spencer W. Kimball passed away in Novcmber and Ezra Taft Benson was sustained as the new prophet of the church.

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Too funny about being the nurse. :)