Saturday, January 31, 2009

1987

In 87 I turned 11. I finished up my 5th grade year. When Julie moved back from Texas I was ecstatic. I had a falling out with Amoretta and Rhonda (I accidentally pulled Amoretta's hair when she was lifting me up and she thought I did it on purpose and wouldn't take my apology) so I had no one to play with for weeks. They even convinced my friend Lisa to make fun of me. They would follow me around the playground taunting me. The fifth graders did the President day program and when my family and I showed up Lisa was handing out programs. She told me that she was sorry for being mean but at least Amoretta liked her now. Amoretta didn't really care for Lisa at first. I told her I didn't care because Julie was moving back in a week or so. The conflict eventually resolved itself with Amoretta but after Julie moved back and she saw I had moved on.

I started 6th grade in the fall. Julie was not in my class because her mom insisted she not have a man teacher. I had Mr. Pearce. Notice my lovely liondo in the picture. I was a hall monitor that year.

2 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Ah, I remember being mean to a friend like that, and it still makes me ill that I was mean. :(

The pic is so tiny I cannot pick you out. :)

Unknown said...

I am in the front row in the middle in the yellow with the big hair.