Saturday, November 8, 2008

Tagged by Meryn

10 unknown or unusual things about me.

1. When I was 15 I had a very vivid dream in which I had a daughter and then a son. So when I got pregnant about 14 years later for the first time I knew she was a girl. I didn't need an ultrasound to tell me. Same with my son. The next baby is up in the air and we have decided that when we do have another baby we will leave it up for surprise.

2. I really don't believe in ESP but sometimes when the phone rings I will know who it is for before we answer it and sometimes I will know who it is. It's not 100% and I don't usually say anything because I have been wrong. I have been able to do this as long as I remember so I could do this when there was 7 people to choose from and not just 2.

3. Breakfast is my favorite meal. I use to have a pancake every morning and rarely ate cereal, which I don't like. However, since having children I have found myself eating quick breakfasts and I think that is why I am always so hungry during the day so I am trying to go back to big breakfasts and am encouraging my children to eat more than cereal in the morning since they love cereal.

4. I hated holidays when I was a kid but love them now. I think it stems from when I got a little older, not quite a teenager, but not a kid anymore my parents and everyone said holidays were for little kids and the specialness kind of left for me. The only holiday I liked at that time was Thankgiving and that was because everyone got to eat, just not kids, and adults could eat more. But now that I am an adult I have started to love the holidays especially Halloween and Christmas. I love to dress up for Halloween and when I was in college enjoyed throwing Halloween parties. Christmas I love decorating for and buying people presents. It's even better now that I have kids. I love wrapping gifts (but please don't bring me yours to wrap, I have enough to do on my own) and making cards, goodies, etc.

5. I do not like summer. Summer is way too hot especially down here in the south. When I lived in the west I loved camping in the summer because the mountains were cool but I don't even have that down here. So unless I am going to the beach I stay inside during the summer. I love spring and fall but rarely get those here. Florida has two seasons, summer 9-10 months of the year, and then winter for the rest and winter although no snow, can get very cold with the humidity.

6. I am very low maintenance. I rarely wear more makeup than foundation and that only when I go out. I rarely do more to my hair than maybe a braid or a ponytail (since I do have to wear it up so I don't get so hot here in the south.) I haven't had my hair professional cut since I moved away from Logan and my friend in beauty school. I only received a manicure once and hated the fake nails (loved how they looked though, it was a gift from my sister for my wedding.) My makeup I own is probably unusable and needs to be thrown out so when I do need to wear makeup for something I usually just buy new stuff. I have gone through some stages though of wearing stuff. Right after my mission I went through a nail polish stage (yes, I still have most of that and it needs to be thrown out) and then a lipstick stage but I haven't worn either that much in years. The low maintenance extends to my clothes and accessories too. I generally only wear my wedding ring and stud earrings. My clothes I rarely spend full price on. They have to be on sale for at least 50%. I buy my purses at Wal-Mart for no more than $10. I will use it until it wears out most of the time before buying another.

7. I am petrified to drive here in Florida. I had no problems driving out west. But here people either drive too slow or too fast and the highway our subdivision is off of is one of the worst highways for wrecks in the nation. We have really young spring breakers and the really old snowbirds and they do not make a good combination. I have had several near misses and have seen a horrible wreck or two, one happened right before my eyes. I only drive when I absolutely have to or on roads I feel comfortable with. Before I moved here I would go for a drive if I was upset or needed to think but now I wouldn't dream of doing that.

8. I'm the rule enforcer in the house and I do not like that. My mom was not the disciplinarian and even though I knew I would have to enforce the rules I didn't know I would be "the enforcer." It's my one gripe but my husband is getting better but She has her daddy wrapped around her finger.

9. I sometimes have the TV on just for noise. I grew up in a house of five really noisy children and so sometimes I just need the noise to think and function. Silence can be deafening.

10. I can't believe I came up with nine other items, although who knows how unusual or unknown they really are. I feel like I am an open book and don't have many things about me that people don't know or would want to know.

So there they are. I was tagged while I was away on my cruise so it has been awhile. Anyway I tag whoever would like to do this.

4 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

I'll play. So fun to get to know more about you. Things that I didn't know. You wore makeup on our mission.:)

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

that is so cool. I was on your blog a few minutes ago, and it was one template, I checked back and now it's the turkey one. How funny. Have a great weekend.

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Very interesting, things I did not know either! :)

Meryntha said...

Yeah, I glad you did this! It was great to hear new little tidbits of you! I agree with you on the driving! I can't drive here in Texas either, way too scary, especially with little ones in the car.