Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Obiden or McCalin

The day has finally arrived and we now have the opportunity to choose which pres/vp package we prefer. Luckily my husband and I voted early because I would not be feeling up to facing lines and people today to do so.

So in true hollywood fashion I have combined the names of the candidates with their vps. It was on accident really. A few weeks back I was talking about the Democrats and it came out Obiden and then a few days later I was talking about the Republicans and McCalin came out so that is what I started calling them like Hollywood would. In fact I am kind of surprised that the media hadn't done that in this case. I mean we had Bennifer and Brangelina and numerous others.

I do prefer the McCalin package. I do not trust the Obiden ticket. Too much back talking and changing of the minds. I have been a true Republican since the Reagan days and for those who realize how long ago that was that means I was truly a Republican since I was about 8 (since I really don't remember his first term.) Although my brother accused me of being a tree hugging liberal once and I just busted up laughing.

I would love to say that if you prefer the Obiden package please stay home today but I think everyone should vote. If you don't vote then you have no right to complain about what happens in government because you didn't care enough to cast your vote. For those of you voting today good luck with weather and lines and just know you have a part, albeit a small part, in most likely the biggest historic presidential election in history. A first will come from this election.

2 comments:

Cher said...

ughhhhh! I voted early as well. But I cant wait til its over in 4 years and hopefully someone that REALLY cares about the country and its wellbeing will make it! This has been a tuff one!

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Mm, too true! The Hollywood names. And as for me and my house, we will vote McCalin! (I'm right with you when it comes to Republicans and being 8 with Reagan. I remember thinking what a great man he was. Funny how at that age you know what is right and wrong.)