Monday, November 10, 2008

Getting into the swing of things

So I am still hacking and wheezing but I am getting very excited about Christmas. So even not feeling that good I am putting on my shoes and going shopping. This time it will be for me! Well, for my scrapbooking/ebay business but I love sells. I am dragging my husband along to give him ideas for Christmas. I will sit in the car while he makes his purchases after I point out which things I want.

So this is how into it I am. My children's Christmas is all bought. I might have little odds and ends I still get but for the most part they are done. I started before Halloween and finished while I was still sick and went to buy milk. Some stuff is still hiding in our trunk of our car since I need to clean out a closet to hide it in.

I also have been making stuff for Christmas. I redid my brother-in-laws baby book for him this year. I am excited to give it to him and hope it goes over better than some of our past gifts. It's hard to buy for someone that has everything or can get it himself since he is making the big bucks.

Each year I also try to make something with leftover pictures for the grandparents of the kids. Well, my Scrapbooks etc magazine came a few months ago and I saw this cute hand made mini scrapbook so that is what I am making. I cut paper and put holes in it then I glued pictures and other paper on top. My parents is almost done (since I have to mail theirs) I am just going through and adding a few more embellishments. I also have to buy binder rings to put through the holes. I will have to take some pictures when I am done to put on the blog.

I never put away all of my Christmas village from last year so I am going to finish putting that out before Thanksgiving. Also Ray's aunt gave us a merry-go-round so that is out and my angels (2 of them) never get put away since they are way up on my plant shelf. The day after Thankgiving I plan on decorating the house and this year I am going to try to get all the decorating done since last year we were terrible about it except for the tree.

I hope to be done with Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving. I still need to make a few more Christmas cards since every other year I make my own Christmas cards and this is the year. If I make too many I might try to sell some on ebay.

2 comments:

Cher said...

Holy Cow your ambitious! I am not even going to think about Christmas til its over. We are not doing to much thank goodness the girls are still young that they dont care about the presents!

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

wow! I wish I was even close to done. Be sure to scan/take pics of your finished products!!