Friday, February 29, 2008

Family Vacations

I really love planning vacations. I like to find cool places to see and visit. My husband wants to go up into Tennessee and go on a boat ride in a lake under the ground. So today I decided to find out where and what it was. It took a little searching but I found it, The Lost Sea in Sweetwater, Tennessee. I think it would be fun to plan a camping/cavern touring trip and surprise my husband (if I can keep it a secret, he doesn't read my blogs usually.) I will have to figure out when we can do it and how I can pool the money together for it.

I am also planning a long cross country trip back to my parent's in Idaho. I have ordered travel packets from all the states we plan on driving through. So far we plan on stopping in San Antonio, Texas. My husband went to tech school there for the Air Force and would love to show me around. We plan on seeing the Alamo (although he says he wasn't impressed but I told him it is the historical value) and maybe going to a zoo for the kids besides touring the base and town. We also plan on the Petrified Forest National Park and Grand Canyon, both in Arizona and Zion National Park in Utah.

I love planning the vacations but sometimes they are not all that invision but they are still precious and form memories for us as a family.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Isn't that what it's all about? Memories!:O) Have fun planning Ray's vacation. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Blaubaer said...

Ja Urlaub ,verreisen ist das allergrößte.Auch schon die Planung ist wichtig.Wünsche viel Spass im Urlaub mit deinen Lieben.