Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Weird Dreams

I have been plagued with unpleasant dreams of late. It started off with a horrifying Holocaustlike dream. Instead of Jews it was Mormons and so my family was carted off. My 3 year old daughter became separated from us. It was very cold and snowy. We finally found out where they kept the children that got separated from their families and my husband and I went to get her. Men weren't allowed inside but Ray came on in anyway. I told them her name and they went to a corner and picked up a frozen child and gave her to me. She luckily was still alive and so to help her my husband and I stripped off our clothes and put her inbetween us in our little sleeping bag we received as bedding. I just can't imagine what the real holocaust victims went through back then. My family wasn't separated in the dream but I know that they were in the real concentration camps.

Then the next night I had a dream about another World War and I was in the middle of it trying to protect my family. I don't remember to much of that one.

Then last night I had a War of the Worlds kind of dream where aliens were attacking the Earth. We were living back in Idaho Falls (where I lived when I met my husband) and we escaped the initial attack on the city. We had a beat up van and we were driving to Rexburg where the military had a strong hold. As we were driving we passed most people that were walking. Then we saw some military people headed the other way dressed in special suits. They knew they were probably going to die, or at least some of them, yet they were running into battle to protect their families, country, and freedom. We ended up having to abandon the car and started walking. I was glad when I woke from that one.

Whatever happened to having pleasant dreams of fun vacations and that sort of thing?

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Hmm, what are you eating before you go to bed?j/k. I, too, have been having bizarre dreams. Not so nice either. Let's pray for happy, Ben and Jerry icecream on the warm sunny beach dreams.:O)