Sunday, February 3, 2008

Pew Nightmare

My son teeters and totters as he is trying to learn to walk. My husband took my daughter out of sacrament meeting because she was acting up and needed a diaper change. My son was also very antsy and wouldn't sit still. I decided to make him a bottle to see if I could get him to calm down. As I was doing so he is standing up next to me in the pew and in one swift moment he tries to turn and sit at the same time and falls straight back in the pew hitting the hymn book holder on the back of the pew in front of us. I grab at him and formula goes every where. The guy sitting in front of us jumps up and comes around. I grab my son and run out. He is screaming. As I got out the door he calms down and acts like nothing happened. I break down into tears because it scared me to bits. The guy sitting behind me comes out just as my husband is headed back in and tells him what happened. At this time I come around the corner and find them. I am a mess but my son is fine. Just another day of being a boy.

2 comments:

AudreyO said...

Glad to read YOU'RE ok. I've had moments like this with both of my kids. Stuff happens. With us, it's often in a restaurant. We've gotten glares over the years. LOL

Audrey :)

Tiffany said...

It must have been "smack-your-head-on-the-pew" day yesterday. Little G was standing up, went to slide down and smacked his head hard on the back of the pew. Didn't scream or cry but let did let me hold him the rest of sacrament meeting. I hope the formula wasn't too messy on you.:O)