Monday, December 8, 2008

Take It All Out

Yesterday I was happily crocheting along on a robe that I am making for my daughter. I have been working on it off and on for a month. It is a set that actually matches one for a doll I intend to give her next year with whatever doll clothes I have made for it by then (so far just a dress and the robe but I plan on making lots more this year.) The robe is worked in parts, the bottom, then the two sides of the front, and then the back. I was one inch from being doing with the bottom (17 inches) and I couldn't figure out why the wrong side of the robe looked better than the right side. I looked at the picture in the book (I did the robe for the doll probably around a year ago or longer) and I noticed that I had been doing the pattern wrong, since row 2! My husband told me to just finish it the way I was doing it. I could have done that. But I have taken out more than that before and this was something I just couldn't cover with some fancy stitch work. So out it came, 2 skeins worth of yarn now twined up into a big ball. I now have about 3 inches done of the new bottom. Luckily the real pattern is easier and takes less yarn so I should be able to whip it out faster than the first time around.

2 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

YOu have so much patience and talent when it comes to that sort of thing. I would have just fancied it up.:)

Nikki said...

Aw, geez! That's why I have a million balls of unused yarn in the basement, because I want to do a project, but lose courage remembering the rage at having to pull out my hard work!! I'm still glad my mission comp taught me how to crochet, though! :)