Friday, December 19, 2008

Nativity sharing time project


I am so lucky to get to do sharing time this month. I have the cutest die cuts for the nativity story. Since that is what sharing time is about this month I have been busy today and yesterday making the kids nativity sets. I cut them and then glued the clothes and hair on the dolls. The kids will create their own scenes on a piece of paper. They will get Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, the manger, stable, a star, shepherd, and a sheep. I could have also done the three kings, camels, and donkeys but I didn't have enough gray to make the donkeys and tan to make the camels and we aren't going to be talking about the three wisemen so leaving that out made it more doable. I would still be working on them if I had made the wisemen. Anyway, I made a larger version to use with the junior primary to tell the story and that is what this picture is. I may change it a little and tape two pages together since this one doesn't seem long enough and the shepherd looks one eyed since Mary's foot is behind his eye. But overall I am very pleased with how it has turned out. The older kids will also be creating the scene but after we act it out. I am making a play like script for the Luke 2 scriptures. Then we also will talk about what was happening in the Book of Mormon in 3 Nephi as well.

No comments: