Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Don't be a Scrooge and Play Along

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper, bows, and homemade tags if I get them done. This year will be the sticker tags.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I prefer real but we have a nice artificial one we have used for two years now.

3. When do you put up the tree? the weekend after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? New Years or the weekend after New Years.

5. Do you like eggnog? not since I seen my FHE brother at Ricks spew it up after drinking two big glasses of it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? my rocker barbie set and radio. Also any books since I love to read.

7. Hardest person to buy for? my inlaws

8. Easiest person to buy for? Sheila

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a cheap one but I haven't put it out for the last two years since my kids have a wooden one that my grandmother made them.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? usually mail but this year most people will get an email Christmas letter. I try to make Christmas cards every other year and photo ones every other year. This year was supposed to be homemade ones but I only got a few done with all the illness going around our house.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of any bad Christmas presents but for our wedding one of Ray's aunts and cousins wrapped up used junk from their house and gave it to us. We got 3 cork screws (we don't drink anything that requires one), a box of old baking soda, and a very used puzzle of Hawaii since we went there on our honeymoon.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? January. No joke, if I am planning on making stuff I have to start early but if I am buying stuff usually in September after all our families birthdays are past.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? no, but I have been on the receiving side of a recycled gift. My inlaws are notorious for doing this. Last year they gave us an animated snowman someone gave them. (I have pictures of them with it the year before.) Then they also gave my brother-in-law a game he gave them the year before. Oops!!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Wassail

16. Lights on the tree? our tree is prelit so of course.

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night

18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? dasher and dancer and prancer and vixon, comet and cupid and donner and blitzen....but do you recall? the most famous reindeer of all!!!! Rudolph the red nosed reindeer (I cheated and copied my friend Rachel's answer who emailed me this)

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? angel right now but we use to have a star.

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? one gift Christmas Eve and the rest the following morning after breakfast

21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? crazy shoppers who hurt others to get what they want in the stores....nothing is worth that. (again another copied answers but I feel the same way.)

22. What theme or color are you using? mostly random but red balls and red and white garland on the tree this year besides all the random ornaments.

23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? turkey but we are turkeyed out this year so we will be doing ham. I have never cooked a ham so that will be interesting.

1 comment:

Cher said...

Fun Fun I just did it check it out!