Monday, December 1, 2008

My Baby Went to School

Today was Sheila's first day of preschool. I drove her to school today and walked her to class. When I woke her up this morning and told her she had to get up for school she told me no and swatted at me. But a few minutes later she came out of her room. She picked out her clothes the night before. The school district here has a strict dress code policy and she has to wear plain jeans or khaki pants and then plain white, blue, or red shirts. They are supposed to be one color and either a plain tee shirt type or a polo or button down shirt. Well, it is very hard to find those items for a child still in 3T-4T clothes and during the off season. I had to get some stuff at the girl's section and just find the few 4s and XS that they had but I came up with a handful of items although some of her shirts have a little bit of details on them like sequins and shiny thread.

She picked out a blue tee shirt with a little bit of gathering at the neck and some dark blue jeans. I had to roll up the jeans and after I dropped her off I headed to walmart to get her a belt. She didn't want her hair done but I told her she had to.

Finally we were ready to head out. The kids were gathering at the bus stop as I loaded my kids in the van. The bus stops right across the street. We got to the school and I unloaded the kids and got the stuff for Sheila's class. (She needs a blanket and pillow, a change of clothes, pullups, etc.) We walked into the school (classrooms open up to the outside) and down the sidewalk to Sheila's class. Sheila wore her backpack. She was the first one in class (We were about 10 minutes early.) Timmy wanted to play too but when I told him it was time to go and let Sheila stay at school he came with me.

Timmy and I headed to Walmart to pick up a few things we needed. I haven't been shopping by myself with just one kid in 2 years. But he was a good boy and stayed in the cart although he wanted out near the end of our shopping day. For the first two hours of the day he kept asking, "Sheila go?" I know he really misses her already. His playmate is gone. In just another hour they will be putting Sheila on the bus for the first time and 20 minutes after that I will be walking across the street to get her from the bus. I hope she has a fun day and that she goes to the potty when she is supposed to.

No pictures yet because I am still waiting on our desktop computer but I will post some as soon as we get that picture up and running.

2 comments:

Cher said...

ahhh... that had to be a weird feeling to only have one child with you. I know that when I leave the girls with Ron so I can run errands alone I always end up opening the back door to get out one of the kids then realize that they aren't with me. I think that I am going to freak out when they start school.

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Aw! Can't wait to see some pics of Sheila's first day! Hope she had a wonderful day, and that Timmy handles her being gone better than Tucker did. ;)