Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dryer Breaking, Bottle Weaning

Well, my trusty old dryer stopped turning. However much I would love to get a new dryer, one to match my new washer, we cannot afford that. I got the top up after much finger smashing and discovered it indeed was the belt. It broke 2 years earlier and by accident we ended up buying two belts. Thank goodness because it will cost us nothing to fix it. Ray will finish fixing it when he gets home. Hopefully this belt will last about 2 years because I hope to replace it in just another year or two.

I stopped Timmy cold turkey from the bottle and he has had all of 3 swigs of milk in the last two days. Yesterday when he woke up I told him the bottle fairy came and took all the bottles away since he is two. He cried for about 4 hours for a bottle. He will drink juice from a sippy cup but not milk. It won't hurt him to go a couple of days without milk until he realizes that the bottle is not coming back. I may try to find some small paper cups and give him milk that way up in his high chair and see if he will drink that. He's doctor appointment is the 15th and if I am still having trouble getting him to drink milk I may see what his doctor suggest.

Sheila has regressed with potty training since being home from school. It is due to the busy week we had so the last few days I have really been trying to remember to either ask her or put her on the potty every two days. I hope by Friday I have her back on track.

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Bottle weaning, never fun! Hope Timmy figures out that milk is yummy from a sippy too, good luck!

Sorry about the potty regression, but I had to laugh when you said you are trying to put her on the potty every two days, I'm assuming you meant every two hours, cause yeah, every two days, might not do it. :)