Monday, September 8, 2008

Not Dark


My husband is getting up around 4:30 and leaving around 5:30 every day he works. I usually am able to sleep in until almost 7 after he leaves. This morning just after 6 I hear my door open and know it is my daughter. "Stinky," she tells me.

I hunt up a diaper and change her. She's only wet but that is her word if she needs a change. Then I tell her "Mommy is going back to bed." We have a huge window in our bedroom and it points east so we get a lot of sunlight (and heat) in our room rather early. She points to the window and says, "Not dark."

I explained to her that sometimes we sleep when it is light. I gave her some milk and turned on cartoons for her in the living room. But after trying to go back to sleep for 20 minutes or so I finally gave up. After all it's not dark.

1 comment:

Cher said...

I like...NO I love my sleep too!