Friday, October 10, 2008

Week in Review and Friday Fill-Ins

We looked into flying to Idaho/Utah for Thanksgiving but three things derailed that plan. The first was the cost just kept adding up until it doubled the cost of the airplane tickets. The second was that it would be too much traveling for the kids in six weeks. We would have been gone 4 ½ within six weeks. And finally with the way of the economy is going I am a little leery to spend money that we would have to pay off over time. So we have decided instead that we will plan a trip to Disney World for She’s birthday. Disney World is free on your birthday in 2009 so we will take the kids then (T will be free since he will only be 2 so we will only pay for us). So far the cost will be 1/3 what it would be to go to Idaho/Utah. With cost of gas going down hopefully that will continue and we will have more money for it. I will have to book the hotel early but I have found a great price on a two-bedroom condo (with great reviews) and because of the low cost we will be able to spend an extra day to go to the temple. We will have a full kitchen so we are planning to have breakfast and dinners at the hotel and then just eat lunch out. That will really bring the cost down even more. We will go to Sea World the first day (they give the military a free day every year) and then the last day go to the Magic Kingdom. I think She and T will love it. T won’t be able to go on as much but I think we will plan to split up for part of the day so T won’t have to watch She go on all the rides.

Price of gas has plummeted. I don’t know about the rest of the country but the price has gone down 50 cents this week here and almost a dollar since it’s high a few months ago. I hope to see under $3 when we leave for vacation in just over a week. Ray informed me it was $2.99 on base yesterday.

Funny moments….
The kids both had the same shoes on (one of each kind) and doll in hand.T rode Daddy’s back while She crawled under Daddy as he did push ups.

I picked up my stuff from the fair. Here are a few of the things I am especially proud of. Some will be gifts and some I may try to sell on ebay. The pink dress will be for She (if I can get her to wear it) and the bear will be for T. She has some cats I made a few years ago.The economy has been through the ringer this week. I am not too concerned about it. Luckily we paid off our major credit cards a year or two ago. Our house will do for a while, our cars are new, Ray has pretty good job security, and we have lived on one income since we got married so I think as long as we keep doing that we will be okay. I do want to cut back on the spending a little bit and put more in our money market just in case. One thing I am very grateful for is when we said no when they wanted us to get a swing arm mortgage interest rate. I have seen that ruin a lot of people.

She has gone game crazy. All I hear is “pay game…pay game.” She has two games but one is still put up so she has been playing Candy Land with her brother or putting her Winnie the Pooh puzzle together. It’s 24 pieces and at first we helped her with it but now she can do it herself after just one night of helping her. Also we tried to teach them how to play candy land but they just wanted to move the pieces around the board so that is how they play now. We got the kids Halloween shirts this week. We are going to be away during Halloween and most likely they will not get to dress up and go Trick or Treating. I plan on making them special trick or treat bags so they won't miss out on much. Anyway, they picked out these cute shirts that light up when they move. T didn't want to wear his long, barely long enough to get the picture, but She wore hers all day and night and part of the next day. She's in that stage where she likes to wear the same thing for a long period of time.

1. One of the best movies I ever saw that I really didn't think I'd like was "Life Is Beautiful." I never seen a foreign film then and didn't know what to expect. I went with my roommate at the time. I love that movie to this day.

2. Meatball calzones is a recipe I recently made that was delicious!

3. It's time for cruising. Just 10 days to go.

4. Water is quite refreshing. I rather have a big glass of ice cold water than any thing else to drink.

5. If I never hear the word "very well then" again, it'll be too soon. It was a phrase that a very irritating man that I dated would say all the time. My husband says it on occassion just to get a reaction out of me.

6. To one side of the curving road was a cliff, and on the other was a mountain. And smack dab in the middle was a big black cow as black as the night and I still to this day do not know how I got around the cow without hitting the mountain or going down the cliff. The Lord protects his missionaries.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing and crocheting a baby afghan I just started, tomorrow my plans include going to the beach if the weather is good, and Sunday, I want to go to church!

No comments: