Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our trip; onboard 1

I am going to split our vacation into several blogs. The first few will be about being on the boat. Then the last two will be about our first stop, Cozumel, Mexico, and about Calica, Mexico.

As I blogged about it “Can’t Sleep” I did not sleep the night before we left. I finally dozed between 4:30 and 5:30 but never fully slept so I was extremely exhausted but also extremely alert. We decided only to take one car so I called my friend Noel and told her we wouldn’t be leaving the van and she was okay with that. She hadn’t planned on using it, just in case of an emergency.

I did not sleep until after we dropped the kids off and only then a little bit. We left at 6:30 in the morning and got to Tallahassee to drop the kids off at about 9:15 Eastern time, we are on central time. It didn’t take as long as we thought to leave the kids. They immediately started playing with the kids and just waved at us when we said good-bye. I had to go to them to kiss them.

We stopped and got breakfast on the go and then headed for Mobile, which is also in the central time zone as well. We stopped for gas once but made excellent time and made it to the port just about 12:40. 12: 30 was the earliest time to check in and there was already a huge line. We dropped off two bags and then parked our car. Then got in line. It took us about an hour to check in and get on the ship.

We went down to our stateroom to drop off our carryon bags. There was a buffet lunch up on the lido deck (10.) Our room was on Rivera deck (4) but we got on at the main deck (5.) The room was nice but no basket of fruit like it showed on the website. We went up for lunch and then went out on deck to watch the ship take off from port.


Oh before we took off we had to attend a safety meeting where we had to get our lifejackets out of our staterooms then go to our muster station. Ours was the cute little coffee shop and hence the only time we were there. After we were shown how to put on our life jackets (they really are big and bulky and strangling) we walked up another deck to our two lifeboats.

3 comments:

Cher said...

How fun. So how was the movement compared to the ferries in Seattle. I am not so sure I would want to do a cruise because of the motion. But I am so glad that you had fun and I cant wait to see more pics!

Unknown said...

On the good days probably a little better than the ferries since it is a larger ship but that last day was the worst I had felt except in a small boat going fast. One lady said her last cruise was clear as glass with little movement so I think it depends on the weather.

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

sounds fun, I would get too nervous just trying on the life jackets. :)