Monday, October 13, 2008

My Bandage (from She's perspective)

Two weeks ago I was running around with the sunbeam class outside after our lesson. We were running along the sidewalks, over the grass, and down into the parking lot under the roof. We were having a great time but then I stepped off the sidewalk wrong and fell on my knees. It hurt. I started crying. Mommy took me inside and washed off my knees, one was bleeding bad. It hurt. I didn't like her doing that and made her stop holding the paper towel against it. I went out again and started running around. I fell again and the same knee got even more banged up. This time I wouldn't let mom look at it because I didn't want her to hurt it again with the paper towel.

When we got home Mommy put a bandaid on it. The next day I wanted the band aid off because I don't like bandaids to stay on that long. It hurt to take it off. Mom put a kind on that stuck good. I wanted another one on since my knee still hurt. Mommy put another really sticky princess bandaid on.

After a few days Mommy wanted to take it off to clean it again but it would hurt and I didn't let her. For over a week my bandaid stayed on. It got really yucky looking but I didn't want it off. Saturday the bandaid was barely hanging on and both Mommy and Daddy tried to pull it off but I wouldn't let them. We went to McDonald's and played. Ga-Ga, Papa, my cousin, Aunt N., and Uncle D. were all there too. After awhile it was time to go and Papa was helping me put on my shoes. Before I knew it he grabbed my bandaid and ripped it off. I was so sad I started crying. After I cried a little bit I looked at my knee and it was almost completely better. No more scraps and no more blood just a little bit of yucky skin. Yesterday I feel down on the way into church again and scrapped my other knee but luckily it wasn't bad and didn't bleed.

1 comment:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

It's amazing how long sticky bandaids can stick on kids. She's cute.:)