Thursday, October 2, 2008

Going to the fair

It is fair week. So last night we took the kids to the fair. Ray's parents, brother, sister-in-law and neice met us there. We got there a little earlier than them and She went on the carousel first.
Then She and Daddy went down the giant slide twice and then we met up with the rest of the family.
Daddy, She, her cousin, and Ga-Ga (my kids name for grandma) went on the spinning dragons and boy did Ga-Ga get feeling a little sick. She refused to go on anything that spun after that.
T loved the trucks. He was still too small for most of the rides and so he got in free and some of the operators wouldn't let him go since he didn't have a stamp but he got to go on the trucks twice, the carousel twice, and the big slide once.
She and her cousin also liked the trucks. They sure did have fun together.
Here they are on the train. She is 4 months older than her cousin but her cousin is 2-3 inches taller and She was in the 75% last we checked so her cousin has to be somewhere in the 90% for height.
The kids spotted bubbles at one of the game stations and had to try to pop them.
The operator almost didn't let T go down the slide because he didn't have an arm stamp but finally told Ray only once. Boy did they come down fast. He loved it and wanted to go again. I hope next year he's over 36" so that we don't have to worry about him not being able to go on everything he wants.
Ray and I both went on the carousel with them for their second time. Ray held on to T and I held on to She. She pushed my arm away near the end. She didn't need to be held onto.
The last ride She went on was the elephants. It was the one ride she went on all by herself without her cousin and without any of us.
She and T got to play one game. They threw balls at cups. She won a small prize. She got a small stuff dolphin. T is our little ball player and his second throw landed in the medium size cup and he won a slightly larger stuffed turtle.
I entered thing in the fair again this year. I was very disappointed when I got there until I noticed what everyone else got. I came to realize that they either are not awarding as many blue and red ribbons this year or they got harsher judges. I felt like my items were much better than what I did last year when I got mostly blue and red. I got mostly white ribbons. I did get 4 blue and a few more red than that. I got blue on one afghan (I got red on the other), both baby sets (a knit and crochet one), and to my surprise one of my scrapbook pages. They seem to give white to a lot of paper crafts. I got all whites last year on all my paper crafts. But, hey, I still get pretty good prize money and next year I will go for quantity since each year the fair entries get less and less. (I didn't get any pictures last night but will try to take some pictures when I get them back of the items I was most proud of, regardless of the ribbon, and post them.)
All in all we had fun at the fair. The kids got to stay up way past their bedtime and we ate a lot of junk.


2 comments:

Cher said...

How fun! I don't remember the last time I went to a fair. How awesome that you entered stuff. You are amazing and congrats on all your ribbons!

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Isn't that what you are supposed to do? Stay up late, ride all the rides, and eat loads of junk?! Glad you guys had a great time! Yay for the fair!!!:)