Saturday, October 4, 2008

Broken Toe?

Last night my son once again clawed his sister in the face leaving a scratch. I have tried cutting his nails for days but he is becoming too strong for me to do it by myself. So last night Ray held T while I cut his nails. What does this have to do with a broken toe, you ask? Well, you will see in a minute. T screamed and cried and fought as I trimmed the little suckers up. Afterwards I gave him a hug and reassured him that it was done. He of course didn't want me because I had been the one to torture him and turned to his dad. Ray was sitting on the floor with his legs spread out. I got up and turned to walk over to return the baby nail clippers to their case and as I went to step over my husband's foot my toes caught his hard as nails bone and I smashed my toes against his ankle. I swear he's made out of rock or metal or something not as breakable as a bone because it hurt like the dickens. It was my middle toe that hurt the worst. I hobbled around all night. And this morning when I woke up it was throbbing. Upon further examination this morning I noticed that the middle toe is bruised around the first joint and it's tender to the touch but I can bend it so maybe it is not really broken but it sure felt like it last night.

1 comment:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

For your sake, I hope it's not. It doesn't sound like it is, and even if it was, all they could do is tape it to the next toe to keep it immobilized until it healed. Sorry. Hope you get to feeling better.:)