Monday, August 11, 2008

What a RACE!!!


Leaping off my couch and jumping up and down in silence (my children were asleep) my eyes glued to the TV. Jason Lezak was closing on the French guy. Did he have enough length left in the pool? Doubtful. But it was going to be close. The (stupid) commentators were all but giving it to the French. There was no way he would outswim the anchor of the French team being almost a full body length behind at the turn. But as the commentator made that prediction I noticed that Lezak was rapidly closing the gap. My leap. I started whispereing "Go! Go! Go!" Both swimmers reach for the wall and bam!bam!bam! up comes the placings, The USA is #1 by .08 of a seconds. The replays are magical watching Lezak touch just a hair before the French. My jumping intensified and even my husband was cheering from the computer chair. I liked what Lezak said afterwards, "I was tired of losing." Way to go, guys! It was sure a thrill to watch such an intense race.

3 comments:

Cher said...

Wasnt it great... We were screaming and jumping as well!

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

No joke!!! No joke!!! YOu be the man!!! That was sweet-awesome!!!:O)

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

I left you an award on my blog. Have a marvelous day!:O)