Sunday, August 31, 2008

The longest 70 minutes of my life

It was a little sad but I was released from the Primary today. I had been in it for just over a year. That is how long I have been in my last 3 callings and the one before those three was only about 3 months. I am ready to get a calling and stay in a calling.

I had to take the children to church by myself today. (More about why in my next post.) It could have been worse. I use to go by myself or with She only before my husband changed jobs in the military and got a stable schedule. I really feel for my mom now because she use to take all five of us by herself.

As I said it could have been worse. T-man tried to bite She three different times during Sacrament meeting. I grabbed him just in time each time. T started screaming at the top of his lungs during one of the talks and She started up too. They fought over toys. T wanted to wander in the aisle. It was blazing hot in the chapel and I think that made T more wrestless and I was sweating bullets. All the talks seemed to go on for ever and the prayers.... Anyone who has children probably appreciates short prayers. The 70 minutes of sacrament meeting seemed to have lasted all day.

Luckily, T went to nursery no problem. I took She to sunbeams (now she isn't supposed to be in there yet but she refuses to go to nursery now that her brother is in there.) But she won't go to Sunbeams by herself. I finally snuck out the last 30 minutes and was able to attend Relief Society for a few minutes. But that went over so I left that because I had to get both my children by myself. I sure hope my husband can go next week. I admire those who have to take their children to church by themselves on a regular basis.

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Yes, sundays without a spouse, often do not feel like Sunday by the time you are done. Every few months Brian has to do an all nighter on Saturdays. I hate going by myself, and it does make me appreciate that I have a spouse that does go with me and helps. As to biting, I know it sounds mean, but bite them back, softly, just enough to leave a slight indentation. Tuck went through that stage and it was not fun. Good luck