Monday, August 18, 2008

Bowling did that?

My husband took me bowling for a date Saturday. I haven't been bowling in around 3 years. I have never been a great bowler. But Saturday I was horrible. My top score was a 79 and that was because they gave me a strike when I really didn't get a strike. That was the first game. We rented the lane for an hour and we got 3 games in. At the end of the 3rd game they gave us five extra minutes so we could finish our game. The second game was horrible. I rather not relive it. I had a hard time finding a ball that fit my hand that was the right weight. I finally gave up the search and just used the ball I had started with. During the second game I started to feel the strain. My thigh began to hurt and so did my hand. I was having a hard time controlling the ball.

The third game I was bowling fast and so I either did great or horrible and ended up with a 76. I was about done. My leg couldn't even support me any longer and I nearly fell a couple of times. I just never imagined bowling being a work out.

That was just the beginning. Yesterday I really felt it. From my rear to my knees, muscles ached. My forearm and wrist felt no better. Ray said he was sore too. Even today I am still having a hard time moving. I am just having a hard time believeing that bowling has caused me so much pain.

And even though Ray hasn't bowled in the same amount of time as me he was bowling like he had never had a break. At least he didn't rub it in and we had a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

fun! I am not great at bowling either, but it is fun. Hope the workout doesn't kill ya too much!

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Sorry about the pain. I hope you are feeling better. Bowling is a work out, but so much fun!:O)