Thursday, April 24, 2008

Tripping with T-man

(written in my son's view)
I have to admit I do not like to be in the car. The straps make it so I can't move around and I have to sit in one spot when I want to roam around, look out the windows, and push all the buttons in the car. I don't know what mom and dad were thinking making me ride for over 5 hours like that. They put on movies and although my sister liked that I just don't have the attention span to focus on a movie longer than about five minutes. So already being frustrated with being restrained I decided to let everyone know it and screamed and screamed until finally my mom and dad pulled over and got us out for lunch. My full belly started to feel heavy and so did my eyes and soon I was fast asleep much to the relief of my mom and dad.

After 6 hours of our adventure we stopped at a strange house and I met three strange people for the first time. Mom and dad said they were my dad's aunt, uncle, and cousin. They were very nice to us. They had some really cool steps outside that I wanted to go up and down until I fell off and smashed my head on the cement. Oh, the pain. Mom swooped me up and kissed me all better.

We slept all together in a strange room. Although I had mom and dad close I didn't have a good night. I thrashed and cried out a few times.

The next day we headed off in the van again. I was so tired of driving but I didn't fuss too much. I guess we are just going to stay in the car forever.

Finally we stopped in a wooded area off the freeway. Dad got out of the car and went into a little building. I wanted to go too and started to scream. Why do I still have to sit here? The car is not moving anymore. Dad came out and we drove around a little bit more following a strange lady on a lawn tractor. Finally we parked and we got out of the van. I was so excited to stretch my legs and run around. But something was wrong with the ground. I couldn't stand up straight and I kept falling over. I would try to walk and lose my balance. Well, I got mad and decided mom or dad better hold me and carry me around if they were going to make me stand on this ground that seemed to go up and down. Mommy wanted to help Daddy to put up a big cloth room like thing they called a tent but I wouldn't have it. They needed to hold me.

Finally I found a place that wasn't so bad to explore, the wood pile. There was sticks and caterpillars and rocks to examine and throw.
I sat in daddy's chair and ate a little hamburger they had got on the way to the wooded area. It was my first time eating a hamburger like that, on a bun.
Later that night we all went in the tent and we watched a movie although I wanted to push the buttons on the DVD player. It was getting cold so mommy got me in some warm pjs. I didn't want to go to sleep. It was getting dark and I could hear all kinds of strange noises. Mommy held me and rocked me until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.
The next day after breakfast we got in the van again. Come on, enough with the van already. But this time we weren't in it long at all. We got out in some mountains. There was a building we went inside and mommy and daddy talked to a lady and then handed over a plastic card they keep in their wallet. We then went into this yellow tunnel that went into the side of the mountain. Mommy and daddy took turns carrying me. I didn't fight too much because it was so dark and I couldn't walk very good when I did get down. It was dark and cool in there. After the yellow tunnel we went down a trail that was in a mountain. We saw some cool rock formations and then we got in a boat and went out on a lake under ground. Mommy was scared I would jump in because I was so excited especially when the big fish started jumping. Mom tried to get some pictures of the fish but couldn't since it was dark in there. Soon we left the darkness and went out to walk around an old village like area and sissy and I ran around and laughed and chased each other.
Back at camp it was very hot so we went for a drive and I feel asleep. When I woke up mommy got out some bubbles that Aunt Patty had given us. We had so much fun playing and popping the bubbles. Daddy had to hold me while I popped them.

The next day sissy and I sat in the car watching a movie while Daddy and mommy took everything down and put it in the van. I got tired of waiting and started screaming so mom got me out one last time. The ride home was so long but I took two good naps and only got mad once. I was so happy to get back home. I ran around the house and laughed and played with sissy. Next time I hope we go camping somewhere I can walk around better.

2 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Sorry you had to sit in that horrible van for so long. Don't mom and dad know that's torture? Come on. I am glad you had fun with the bubbles and fishies. How fun for you little man. Someday you will thank your wonderful mommy and daddy. Sorry about your bonk. Good for mommy to kiss it better. Keep being a good boy.

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

Love T-man's travel log!