Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's possessed

Some evil spirit has descended upon our family. It wakes us in the middle of the night. It appears suddenly without warning. It has taken possession of something in our home and will not let go. My husband and I were sound asleep in our bed when suddenly a noise startled us awake. I couldn't figure out what it was for several minutes. Then suddenly it dawned on me what that noise was, the VCR was rapidly fast forwarding or rewinding. I scrambled in the dark looking for the remote as my husband jumped out of bed to hit the power button. The night before I had set the VCR to record a program I was going to miss. The next morning I discovered that the VCR had been fast forwarding in the middle of the night. I checked the whole tape and the program I recorded was not on there. A few days later I again set the VCR to record a program that was on at the same time as another program. I decided to check it when it was supposed to be recording. (I had set the VCR and then shut the bedroom door to make sure no little fingers could push any buttons so I know no buttons had been pushed and the remote was put away.) I go in the room and the VCR is on but it is playing and not recording. I quickly shut it off so it would record. It hasn't done anything else as strange as that one night but it will suddenly be on when it hasn't been and sometimes it ejects the tape for no reason at all.

3 comments:

Cher said...

You don't have good luck with electronics do you? LOL

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Too weird!!! We had a car once that used to be for driving around general authorities. It was possessed. We could hear it unlock and lock at night. Crazy electronic stuff!

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

I'm hearing the Twilight Theme song! :)