Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mortality check

It's so humbling to think how quickly our lives could be over. Last night Ray had class. We are both so tired of his class and so ready for it to be over. He has one more class, Thursday night. Last night he told me he would probably tell his teacher he wouldn't be going the last day. After the class last night his teacher was driving home (about an hour away from here) and when he was just south of his town going north a car coming south attempted to pass another car going south and hit him head on. Both drivers died on the scene. When Ray told me today what had happened I felt myself go pale. His professor was a young man with a young wife and two small children. I really feel for that family. I could not imagine living without Ray.

1 comment:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

I am so sorry. Wow, how horrible. I will keep his family in my prayers. I can't imagine loosing Mark. I am like you.