Friday, April 18, 2008

Getting ready to go camping

This picture is actually from our last camping trip in Yellowstone in August 2007. But we are getting ready to go camping soon. I forget how much planning and packing is involved. Beside tents, sleeping bags, and clothes we have to pack food, something to eat on, things to cook with, matches, and so much more. I have a full page of lists so far of equipment, food, clothes for both the kids, and me and that is not including my husband's stuff. However stressful and however much work is involved I am actually very excited to go. It will be our first camping trip with just our family and we will be tent camping for the first time since after we got married and moved me across the country. I better not forget to pack my daughter's blanket; did that once, YIKES!!!
We are headed for Tennessee which is about 7-8 hours away. The first day we will drive up to Ray's aunt and uncle's house outside of Atlanta, Georgia and spend the night with them. Then we will continue on the next day up to Sweetwater, TN. We are staying in a campground we found online that has a play area for kids. Then the next day we will visit the Lost Sea, which is a lake in a cavern. I will definitely be posting and blogging about the trip so watch for that blog coming soon.

1 comment:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Yay!!! I am so excited for you guys!!! I hope you have a lot of fun. I can't wait for pictures on your blog.