Monday, April 28, 2008

bad Luck Comes in 3s

At least that's what my mom always said. I believe it to be true sometimes. I have posted in previous posts about replacing our washer machine and printer just in the last few weeks, and the VCR is just barely holding on. I don't really think I have bad luck with electronics, they are just wearing out. Tiffany will appreciate this next delimma with a machine, my vacuum cleaner. Something has happened to the roller and now when we turn it on it just blows out of the machine. I found the receipt and it has only been 6 months. I looked it up on line and it is supposed to have a 1 year warranty. Also I noticed the part we need is almost a third of the price of the vacuum brand new. So my husband calls them up and tells them what is wrong. THAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER THEIR WARRANTY. One thing that really gets me is companies that do not stand behind their products. The agree to pay for shipping fees. Wahoo! (sarcasm.) What to do? Take them up on that or get a new vacuum? I am ranting and raving in the background on how I am going to blog about their poor customer service plus tell all the moms around here. I tell my husband that I rather just get a new vacuum since it was only 6 months and that is ridiculous. My husband passes that on to the customer service (a joke of a title) representative and then ask for a manager. The guy comes back on line and says that the manager is busy with another call (wonder why) and that they will go ahead and send us a new part free of charge but we must understand this is a one time thing. Yeah, it's a one time thing because if this one only last 6 months I will be buying a different brand anyway. Now I have to wait 7-10 business days before I can vacuum my house again.

2 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Oh you have all of my sympathy! Danged people. What kind of vacuum do you have? Our brandnew one makes horrible noise when we shut if off. Wonder if we have the same kind.

Cher said...

Dudley... you make me laugh!