Tuesday, April 15, 2008

No Lunch for Mom

Saturday was our weekly lunch date with my inlaws. We decided on a local barbecue place. The kids were fine when we got there but then it took a while to get our food. My one year old began to get restless and then the crying and screaming began. At first my husband tried to soothe him while I tried to eat. The stares began. Little T-man would not be comforted. So after only 1 chicken tender and half a cornbread I took the little guy out to the van. As soon as I plopped him down in the driver seat so I could open the windows he was happy as a lark. He played with the steering wheel and laughed and smiled. So poor mommy never got to finish her lunch that day. It won't be the last time I am sure.

1 comment:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Oh to be sure it won't. I'm sorry you missed out on lunch. It sounds yummy, BBQ. Hope the next outing is better.