Friday, April 11, 2008

Bloody nose?

After getting my daughter settled in with her lunch at the dining room table I sat down to do some computer work. My son played with his toys on the floor. He likes to be by his sister so I was not surprised when he went in the dining room to play while she ate. A few moments later he started screaming. He cries every time he falls, or bumps his head, or his sister takes something from, or just because. I called to him to come to mommy. A few moments later he appeared around the corner and there was blood on his nose and cheek as if he smeared it. I noticed some on his arm to as I hurry to him exclaiming, "What happened?"

As I get to him I smell the unmistakable smell of ketchup. Yup, it's ketchup all over him. How did he get ketchup? Did his sister skirt him in the face with the ketchup bottle? Did she get in the fridge?

I gathered him up and carried him off to the bathroom to clean him up. Then I went to discover if there was more mess in the kitchen that I would have to clean up. There is my daughter sitting at the table eating her chicken nuggets with...KETCHUP. I forgot that is what I gave her for lunch. All I could determine was that she had tried to feed him some of her lunch.

1 comment:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Good thing it wasn't blood. What a nice sister to try and share her lunch. See, you can't be too mad at her.:O)