Thursday, April 3, 2008

Play dates

When my daughter was younger she use to attend a play date group. But several members moved away and that broke it up. I forgot how much fun they can be. Yesterday my children were invited to another one. Despite the hassel of getting the kids into the car, going to pick up my pregnant friend and her two kids and getting them in the car, driving to the house, and then getting everyone out of the car while my son is screaming because he has entered the separation anxiety/attachment phase it was well worth it. The five mommies sat in the shade while the 15 or so children ran wild in the yard. The lady who held it has two boys (expecting a girl) and so they had lots of outside toys and a nice yard and lots of dirt. My daughter makes a funny grunting sound when she is excited, its a cross between a grunt and giggle and I could hear clear across the yard. She swung, dug in the dirt, and jumped on the trampoline. Three of the five mommies were expecting (all girls in the next two months.) No, I am not one of them. My son finally warmed up to playing and took off with me chasing him as he ran down their driveway. We played until the shade was gone and the kids were covered in dirt.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

It sounds like the hassle was worth it!:O)