Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Wedding Redo

I had a very vivid dream last night of my wedding. Actually the ring exchance since we were married in the temple. In real life we had a ring exchange for Ray's family since most of them are not LDS. It was very simple, I did wear my wedding dress, but everything else was informal. We just had a dinner and then Ray and I said a few words and exchanged rings.

In my dream last night we were doing that all over again. I had forgotten everything this time except my wedding dress which in my dream was just a simple dress. I didn't even have my shoes. Tiffany, my bff, and her husband flew down from Utah to participate and thankfully she came prepared.

In the dream it became a very complicated thing. Some of Ray's aunts took over. They got a huge choir to sing. They flew in a lot of my family and friends for the ring exchange. It was held in a huge church and it was completely full of people. But I felt really too simple. So Tiffany had brought some hair clips and we found a white napkin and white ribbon and we tied it in an accordion style with some ribbon and clipped that in my hair with my hair in a french twist to resemble a veil. Then as we were waiting for the wedding march I saw some flowers planted in the flower beds outside so I slipped outside and picked a handful of different types. Tiffany was my bridesmaid and she came prepared with her own flowers and shoes (that later.)

Ray's family was taking care of the flower girl and ring bearer. I guess they thought it had to be like a real wedding. They were upset that I forgot to get things for those two important people. They were scouring the church for a pillow and ribbon for the ring bearer. The flower girl they picked some flowers and put them in one of those plastic church cups that it seems like every church I have ever been in has in their kitchen.

So the music starts and I follow Tiffany down the aisle and I look down and I am barefoot. Too late now to find shoes. I see Ray standing up there all handsome. Everyone is looking at me. Now this church is huge and some how instead of turning at the front to get to Ray I continue up the choir stands and realize half way up that there was no way to get to Ray unless I go down or completely around but there was an orchestra up there. So I start going down the stair completely backwards keeping in step. The groomsmen were behind me and they started running into each other trying to back up.

Then I woke up. Even though it was a silly dream about something long past, I lied in the bed and just enjoyed thinking about it for a few moments. I would definitely marry my husband all over again. And at least it was a pleasant dream for once.

2 comments:

Cher said...

Post some wedding pics!

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

That is way to funny. Hmm, at least I got to be there rather than in the hospital w/ a newborn. Oh and aren't we creative?:O)Love the napkin in the hair!