Friday, June 27, 2008

Baby Powder Everywhere But on the Baby's Bottom

The other day I rearranged and cleared out the nursery/storage room. My son sleeps in there but I have several tubs of sewing and yarn supplies since I seem to hoard yarn and materials. I use to have a large stack next to the crib and it was a convenient place to leave the baby powder and wipes. Well, the other day I cleaned out the closet, got rid of some of it, and put several of the tubs in there and now just have a small stack by the crib. Knowing the kids would get into the wipes and powder I put the powder across the room on the dresser and the wipes I stuck in a bucket with my yarn on top of the stack.

Yesterday my husband must have used the powder because it was left on the short stack. I didn't realize this until it was too late. This morning I heard them rustling around in the diapers so went to investigate. Sure enough someone had pulled out all the diapers and they were strewn across the floor. But then my eyes scanned across the room to the other corner and there stood my daughter and son covered head to toe in baby powder with my daughter holding the powder bottle upside down. Powder coated the floor, several stuffed toys, my son's plush chair, the pack and play, and the box they got it from. Powder settled like dust on almost every other surface in the room.

Now, I should have ran and got my camera and took a picture but I was so upset I grabbed the bottle from my daughter and put her in her room. The bottle is now empty. I believe it had been about half full. I start beating the powder out of the toys but that just created a powder storm in the room. I retrieved the vacuum and start vacuuming. It is so thick that it is not picking up very good. I get the hose out and put on the turbo brush and go to town on the carpet, toys, and chair. It is overwhelming the vacuum with powder and little puffs are shooting out the place where the hose is placed on the vacuum when not in use. The vacuum is soon covered with it's own white covering. But the turbo brush does the trick for the most part and most of the powder is trapped in the vacuum chamber. I then wipe the furniture and the vacuum off with baby wipes. Oh, the joys of toddlerhood.

3 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

At least everything smells really nice now.:O)

Cher said...

And to add to Tiffany's comment...Soft as a baby's bottom! Ha.ha.ha... I know my day is coming!

Our Household said...

Hey Melynda, I'm Cher's Sister. I saw you blog and had to smile. My Kids did the same thing on thursday, But it was in the bathroom and they had to scale the closet shelves to reach it at the top. At least everytime you walk by the room it smells powder fresh.