Monday, June 23, 2008

Thunder! Thunder!

Our daughter is scared and awed by thunder. Personally I am a little tired of thunder and I mean that literally. She heard thunder once when we were putting her to bed and after that refused to stay in her room. She fought and raged against us as we tried to get her in bed. She finally fell asleep in the hall closet next to her room. I made the mistake of trying to move her in her room. She woke up and started all over again. Ray finally got her some more milk to help calm her down and before she even drank any she fell asleep on the living room floor. We left her there until we went to bed and then my husband moved her to her room.

Just before 4:30 this morning she comes screaming and running into our room "THUNDER! THUNDER!" She frantically climbs over my husband and into bed between us. We don't usually allow her to sleep with us but we both were so exhausted we thought we might let her but she was up and down and finally Ray got her out of bed and brought her in the living room and turned some cartoons on for her and he came back to bed. Now she is asleep on the couch. I really hope she grows out of the fear of thunder. We are in the season where daily thunder storms are common and sometimes they occur at night. I really don't want this to become a nightly ritual.

1 comment:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

She'll outgrow it. I used to be terrified of them, and now I look forward to them. Good luck with it. I think I would just let her crash where ever she lands.:)