Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Spilled milk

No use crying over spilt milk, but I most often feel like screaming over it. My son is still on the bottle. I know, I know, he should be drinking out of a cup. I just haven't had it in me to deal with the screaming tantrums he will throw when I stop him but I am gearing up for it. Maybe tomorrow. Anyway, my daughter and son have taken to a new form of art. Milk and juice shaking. They take their bottle/sippy cups and shake them all over their toys, books, carpet, bed, everything. I am constantly wiping up milk and juice off of everything. I try to make sure they only drink in my presence but that doesn't always happen. Whenever my children get quiet and the bottle is nowhere to be found I know what they are up to. As I write this my daughter is in time out for her participation in the last art work that got her one coloring book thrown away. My house is going to stink of sour milk until the day my last child is out of the bottles and sippy cups and then maybe we will chance replacing the carpet.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Oh, I am so glad I am not the only mom who is going through that. They have the shake the sippy cups down to an art, where they do it when I'm not looking. Then they spit the milk. They have ruined so many things doing that. Oh, fast time out for those! My house stinks too. I need to clean the carpets and if we ever move we will have to replace the carpet.:( Kids!