Friday, June 20, 2008

Dilating Eyes

I have needed to go to the eye doctor for awhile but it became very apparent when my glasses broke the other day. Today at the eye doctor the eye piece broke completely. Everything went well to start off. My prescription really hasn't changed so that is good. My left eyes has a little bit and I knew it had because it is hard to see out of my glasses lately. Then she got to the part of dilating my eyes. I hadn't had them done in probably five years so it was time. I told her I was driving but she said that I should be fine so I got it done.

What a trip. I felt like I was in a fog. It is so weird to me to see far away but not close up. I had to hold my daughter while we went in the elevator and looking at her face made me queasy. So driving was really fun. I have abnormally light sensitive eyes and have to wear sunglasses normally. Well, having them on was like not having anything on normally. I had to double my sunglasses just so I wouldn't squint. I couldn't look at the steering wheel and I could barely see the odometer. I just prayed that I would get home okay.

My husband and I agreed that I would not get that done again unless he can drive me home. Even now over 2 hours later I still can't see close up but I can see 6 inches and further out. My pupils are still very dilated. I feel like I need to take a nap to get them back to normal.

At least now I have my prescriptions to go get new glasses and contacts and I won't have to have my eyes dilated agains for a couple of years.

2 comments:

Cher said...

I worked for Eye Docs for 8 eight years and NEVER would let them dilate my eyes NEVER!!!!! Dont be surprised if it goes into tomorrow! Good Luck!

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Oh wow. That's just yucky. I hate having my eyes dilated. I hope it wears off soon.