Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Happenings

  • I am starting to swell. Especially in the morning and the evening. It makes me very irritable. I am constantly running my hands under cold water to see if that will help. I never swole with Timmy but Sheila was a lot worse. By the fifth month I had to take off my wedding ring when I was pregnant with Sheila. With Timmy I could take it off and on the whole time. I probably wouldn't be able to get it off now.
  • We finally broke down and bought a new TV. The one in our living room Ray had for about 10 years. It has had a problem with it's sound forever. It will just suddenly lose sound and play static. We would have to unplug it for 30 seconds and then replug it in to reset it. Lately it would make a horrible worbling sound too. Saturday we found one we liked that would fit in our entertainment center and was within our price range but decided to wait until later, perhaps after the first of the year, to get it. So Sunday when our second remote totally stopped working (yes I tried changing the batteries) we decided just to purchase the new TV. Yesterday we went out and purchased it. While channel searching it found 10 digital channels we didn't get on the older TV. We have the old TV under our kitchen counter for now. We will either give it to Ray's brother or sell it at the community yard sale this fall if we decide to participate in that. If not we will give it to Good Will.
  • My friend Noel has moved back to town. She lived an hour and half away for a year while her husband is getting his PhD at the university. They were unable to sell their house here and so decided to move back and he will commute for the next two years. I learned Sunday she is expecting her fourth child in March.
  • Sheila starts school next week. She is getting excited. I think my house may stay cleaner (since it did when she was in school last year) but Timmy will miss having someone to play with all day. Poor Timmy will have to entertain himself since Mom will be too big to get down and play with him much.

No comments: