Friday, August 7, 2009

Finished July projects

I was busy with projects throughout July. I still have a lot that I want to finish by the end of September (in time for the fair and the baby.)

This is Sheila's Cinderella dress for Halloween. It turned out a lot better than I could have hoped. The hem was my only real porblem area. I made her a size 4 because she is so tiny and the dress was still 4 inches too long so I had to cut two inches off the bottom and then make a two inche hem. It comes to the top of her feet. Not pictured is the headband that I glued fabric onto.

Sheila will not wear dresses because they itch her. I have made her this slip to help with that. I guess we will see if it does the trick after the fair. This was supposed to have lace trim but knowing how sensitive her skin is I just used bias tape around the arms and neck and then did a simple hem on the bottom.

This is the girl doll knit set I almost had finished at the end of June. It is a dress, bloomers, booties, and a hat.

I started and finished this project in July. It is a knit sweater set for a baby boy. It will fit about 6-9 months.

Since I had plenty of material left over from Sheila's Cinderella dress I made a doll out fit as well. I made the headband and the petticoat (not seen) as well. She will be getting this with the doll I mentioned in my Shopping Spree blog. (This isn't the doll she picked out, this is my model for the doll clothes I make.)

Another project I started and finished in July. This is a crochet baby girl dress with booties. It should fit 3-6 months.

I already have three items done for August. I hope to have a lot more done by the end of the month so I don't have as much to do the end of September. After the baby is born I figure it will take me at least a month where I do very little projects and then for the next few months after that I will be scrapbooking to try to catch up from not doing any of that during the summer.

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

love all your handiwork! Sheila's dress is awesome! And how fun to have a matching one for her doll!! The baby stuff is just adorable! You are amazing!