Thursday, May 8, 2008

My little helper

My daughter loves to clean. I have to wait to really clean anything until my son is asleep because trying to clean with a little helper and a little not so helper can be difficult to manuver. Today as soon as little boy went down for a nap I attacked the guest/kid's bathroom. My daughter was right there. She scrubbed the tub, toilet, and sink. Of course, I had to go behind with elbow grease to get what she missed but I really try to encourage her since I want her to grow up with those skills and do it while it's not a fight (hello, teenage years.) The only problem is she wants to help with all the jobs, even the ones too big for her. After that bathroom I started on our bathroom but that room is just too small to have a little helper trying to get at the toilet at the same time so I will finish it some other time while she is playing or my husband is home to watch them as I sneak off.

My kids birthdays are both in the middle of winter near Christmas. So my husband and I were talking and we decided that we would get them an unbirthday present for the summer. My daughter will be getting a toy vacuum since she uses her brother's tonka crane as a vacuum. My son will be getting legos since he loves his sister's and she is not always willing to share unless we threaten to give them to him.

No comments: