Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Hummer

My daughter has this annoying habit of humming when she wants something, doesn't get what she wants, or is upset. It's not really a whine since there are no words involved. It is one long note. It may be better if she changed the pitch or note but no, just one annoying sound that I just want to turn off. I know a lot of people find nails on a chalkboard annoying. Me, not so much. But this would be my nails on the chalkboard. I have tried to ignore it, put her in her room, try to get her to tell me with words what she wants, but it doesn't stop. I may start using those earplugs for more than just silencing my husband's snores.

2 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Hmmmmmmmm,j/k. that's interesting. I don't think any of my boys have ever done anything like that. Every kid has their own thing though.:O)

Cher said...

You should hum back to her and see how she likes it. I know that when Emma starts her little squeals I do it back and she ends up laughing and we go on our merry way. Try it! kinda like that reverse psychology stuff!