Tuesday, May 6, 2008

More sad news

Thursday a T-38 crashed during approach at Sheppard Air Force base in Wichita Falls, Texas. I heard about it but didn't think it would be anyone I know. Two pilots were killed, a student and an instructor. Sunday we learned that the instructor was Brad Funk. He and his wife, Jennifer, had been a member of our ward for about 3 years. They moved in about the same time as my husband and I did. His wife and I served together in the Young Women's Presidency and also threw a baby shower together for a friend. When they left the ward just over a year ago they had 2 daughters, one was just a baby. My heart goes out to his family and his student's family.

1 comment:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

I am so sorry. Doesn't it seem like when one person goes a lot goes with them. Of people you know that is? Just this year we have had 3 funerals of people in our ward, and they weren't oldies either.