Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

This is the Mother's Day card I made my mother-in-law. I loved how it turned out.
Since my mother lives in Idaho and I have to mail her card this is the one I made my mother. I love how this one turned out too. Inside were little tags made by my children.
I had a pretty good day. My husband had my daughter say "Happy Mother's Day" on one of those new recordable cards. It was very cute. Then he got me a nice heart shape necklace with mom written in the middle. I wore it to church that day.
At church the Primary children sang a mother's day song and then the young men handed out booklets about mothers to all the moms in the ward. My friend had her baby blessed so she had tons of family there and the church house was packed.
After church my husband let me take a nap while he watched the kids. Then he made dinner that night and we watched the Survivor finale.

My father-in-law gave me a bunch of daisies the day before. Actually he gave them to my daughter and told her to give them to me. She took them as hers. (Daisies are my favorite flowers. These were colored to be bright colors although I prefer them white they still were beautiful.) She held them all day long and when we got home that night she had a fit when I tried to put them in water. I told her they were thirsty and they would die if the didn't get a drink. She let me put them in water for her but I had to put them in her room. Over the course of the next two days she started picking off the petals and filling the vase with the colored petals. Today she really went to town on them and got them all over the room so we took the flowers away and I was able to salvage a handful of blooms and put them in a smaller vase on the counter above my sink. Maybe I will get to enjoy them for a few more days after all.

1 comment:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Don't you love Mother's Day?! Happy one to you!!!