Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Food storage

With the state prices are in my husband and I feel that it is high time that we really listen to what the prophet has told us and get our food storage in order. We always have had some but it has never been organized. I found this great site, trackmyfoodstorage.com, and started putting in our inventory. I still have a lot to do. It takes work to go through all the stuff and write down dates and amounts. Saturday before meeting up with his family we went to the commissary for their case lot sale. We got cases of canned and boxed products that we use. We also bought a low boy freezer so we can also stock up on freezer foods. So far not much are in there but I will be reorganizing our pantry and refrigerator this week in preparation for our biweekly shopping trip and I am sure it will start to fill up. Also we are going to try to go to only one full fledged shopping trip per month to try to save on gas so it will come in handy soon enough.

2 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

I agree. Doesn't it make you feel a little less freaked out having something? I know it does for me.

Cher said...

Thank you for that Website. I love it! We have been starting to get our food storage together now that we have room for it and this site is very helpful!