Monday, May 12, 2008

Meeting the new girlfriend

I know I should have put these pictures in a slide show but thought it would be fun to explain as I go. My brother-in-law Jonathan/Kelly (he goes by Jonathan now, which is his first name, but when he was younger his family called him Kelly, which is his middle name so I may use both intermittenly but I am talking about the same person) came up for the weekend and he brought his new girlfriend, Alexis. It was our first time meeting her. They drove from South Carolina and stayed in Seaside which is about an hour from here. Friday night we met for dinner out on Panama City Beach. I hit it off with Alexis right away and got her email to send her pictures of Jonathan as a baby. I need to go through those this weekend and get them scanned in.
The next day we met at Seaside. We got to see the place where they rented. Seaside is the town "The Truman Show" was filmed. In the film the school band scene was filmed in the green circle area. Their place overlooks that. It is above all the cute little shops. This is where this picture was taken. Jonathan is the one in the white obviously. My mother-in-law and father-in-law are the other people in the picture with my little family.
We went for lunch in one of the restaurants just down the street around the circle. Here are the infamous flowers from my Mother's Day post. My daughter loved those flowers. The table had a cork in it in the middle and you could pop it up and that is where we put the flowers while we ate. My husband, being clever like he is, tried to pop one of them up and in the process knocked over his coke, which made a beeline to me. I managed to avoid getting it in my lap but my feet were bathed in coke. Luckily I had brought my flip flops along to go to the beach in so I left my sandals in the van afterwards to dry out.

Here is Jonathan and Alexis. She is very petite and cute. She is also very nice. She gives horseback ride lessons to children. After lunch we went back to their place to change in our suits and get ready for the beach. We had left out daughter's sippy cup at the restaurant so Ray went to get that as I got the stuff gathered up in the van.

We finally made it to the beach. My in-laws watched the kids as Jonathan, Alexis, Ray, & I went to play in the waves. It was yellow flag (be cautious) so the waves were nice to try and do some body surfing. I am not very good at it.

Once our daughter seen us she wanted to come out. We have never got her out in the water before. Ray had to hold her most of the time because the waves were knocking me off my feet at times. She loved it.

Grandma brought down T-man to the surf to sit and play in the wet sand. He enjoyed the waves washing over his legs although at first the coolness and suddenness of it took his breath away.

My sexy husband can make these neat sand sculptures just by dribbling sand through his fingertips. I tried to do it but mine just turned out to look like sand droppings.
Once back in the soft dry stuff my daughter got nice and dirty.
I tried to rinse my son off in the surf and right as I put him down a wave came and washed over us. Freaked him out. I brought him back up and we wrapped him in a towel and gave him his security, his bottle.
We had a good day and we enjoyed meeting Alexis.







2 comments:

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of family fun. Good for you. Jealous of the beach! Soak it up for me!:O)

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

so fun! I'm jealous too!