Monday, January 21, 2008

Worst Movie I Have Ever Seen in a Theatre: Cloverfield

I just saw the worst movie ever made. Unless you like the videotography in the "Blair Witch Project" do no see this movie. It was like watching a very amateur home video. I understand that is the affect that they were going for but it was worst than normal home movies. The first 20 minutes were about a boring party and then the rest was very headache oriented. It wasn't even scary like it should have been because the recording was so horrible. The bad thing is I didn't even want to see that movie.

We had gone to see 27 dresses and we arrived to the theatre 5 minutes early for that showing. The line was down the sidewalk and out to the street. When we got closer we saw that only one girl was working the window. By the time we got up there 27 Dresses had been already showing for 20 minutes so we decided to see Cloverfield because that is the one my husband wanted to see. I was already irritated that I wasn't going to be able to see the one I wanted and so having the movie be so horrible just put me in a fowl mood. Ray has promised to take me to 27 dresses on Wednesday.

When the movie ended every one in the theatre was like, huh? How the heck did this movie make 41 million? Maybe there are people out there that don't get sick or headaches for watching that type of videotography and enjoy watching that kind of crap. The movie plot was actually a good one and would have been a better movie if it had been filmed in a documentary or news style film if that is what they were going for instead of a fictional type.

Anyway, I feel it was a waste of my money and time. So like I said unless you like that kind of style I DO NOT recommend it. And for the record I never seen the Blair Witch project but my husband did and said the recording was worse than that.

No comments: