Friday, January 18, 2008

Take your fabric protection plan and...!

Some people do not take no for an answer. My husband and I went out shopping for some furniture. We have over the years have gotten things as we can afford them. Since we live on a budget we only can spend so much on certain things. We were shopping specifically for end tables and lamps. We got the lamps on clearance, yay!! But we found end table we like and it had a cocktail table to match that my husband loves so we decided to get that too. I also found a recliner that I loved and was within our budget. However, the store we found these at does not have a warehouse close by so we automatically have to pay for the delivery, which ate up any extra in the budget. We had been to a few stores and knew exactly what we wanted. We walked in the store and met an older sales woman. We told her we knew what we wanted and took her to each piece. She then led us over to the computer to put in our order and she said, "Now you will be getting the fabric protection plan with small children." Didn't even ask us. We told her no. Maybe you will think we were crazy for not getting it but our couch set doesn't have it and I have never had problem getting stains out and we have gotten blood on the couch. Also the fabric plan was as much as the delivery fee. She then launched into a ten minute desciption of the chili cheese dog she dropped on her couch and it came right out with this protection stuff. My husband told her no a dozen times. I was trying to watch the kids who had grown impatient (it took her 20 minutes to check us out because she kept trying to sale us this plan) and I was about to say, "Well, forget the chair. We'll go buy it at the other place." The other place had a recliner I liked better but we wanted to get them all at the same place. I even started to say that to my husband. The idiotic woman turned to my husband and said, "I think you're a fool for not getting it." Then added, "I'm just kidding." Who does she think she is? It is our choice whether we want that stupid plan. If we were getting something really expensive than maybe but it was a fourth of the price of the chair. Besides I did get it on my mattress set when I was single and when I moved to Florida with my husband it got wet and the water spot did not come out so I am not sold on that plan. If it was really that important than they should just add it to the furniture up front and not try to nickle and dime you to death at the time of purchase. Once we got out to the car and Ray told me that she called him a fool I ripped up her business card. If we ever get furniture again we will not do business with her.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Oh don't you hate that?! We got the fabric plan on our couch and honestly what a waste. Everything comes out with a squirt of ammonia. We could have saved money. Sorry you got an earfull from a salewoman who won't take no for an answer.