Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Dishes, Dishes, Dishes


Have you ever noticed when the mother becomes sick it seems like things just pile up? My children and I became sick with a cold/flu for the last week so my husband has been either cooking or bringing food home most of the week. Even though he did the dishes once and we haven't used that many, I could hardly get to the sink today to make dinner. I fully loaded the dishwasher and have almost enough for another load. It seems like once I get behind on them it takes several days to get caught up again. But the dishes is not the only thing that suffered from me being down. We won't even talk about the rest of the house.
My 2, almost 3, year old daughter has been up to dumping things out, scattering stuff, and coloring on things again. She found a crayon that escaped my throwing them out rampage when she scribbled all over her brother's new toy. This time my laundry basket was the victim of her grafitti art.
My year old son has become very mobile and leaves a path of destruction everywhere he goes. While I was fixing dinner tonight he pulled out several bottles of juice and got out the stash of plastic store bags we use for the little garbage cans. I came in the living room to discover that he had also dumped out all his sister's barrettes and elastics on the floor. He also loves to get in my Cricut cartridges while I am scrapbooking and cutting dies and pushes them all over the floor.
Today I attacked the dishes, hopefully tomorrow I can attack the rest of the house or at least begin on it.

No comments: