Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Kimberly's First Birthday

On October 12, Kimberly turned 1 year old.  But because the 11th was the holiday and both Daddy and Sheila were home during the day we decided to have her party that day.  Grandma and Papa Walden also came over.
Kimberly didn't quite get opening presents.  I tried to show her how to tape them.  I was accused of using too much tape again.  For the kids I barely use enough to keep the paper on but I am a neat wrapper so sometimes the seams are hard to get at.
Sheila and Timmy took over the tearing into the presents and poor Kimberly could hardly get to them.  She also wanted everything immediately out of the boxes so she could play with them.
This is one of her favorites although she needs help getting on it.  She mostly just pushes it around with stuff in the basket and pushed the button to get the music going.

 We got two cakes, one for her and one for us to eat. 
 She actually kept her hat on.  She looked so cute.

So I thought she might eat her cake by herself since she loves sweets and has dug into stuff in the past but after touching the frosting she didn't want anything to do with it.  Sheila tried to help.  Kimberly ended up sharing with me and later the other kids ate her cake since it was mostly frosting it seemed and the other two love frosting.

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

She is getting so big! Looks like a fun birthday! I am struggling with what to get for the boys for their birthday, I don't think they would like a pink horse though. ;)