Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 16; June 24, 2010

 We spent Day 16 at Craters of the Moon.  We walked the lava flow trail and saw different forms of lava.
 Grandma and Sheila take a break.
 So did Kimberly.

 Later Granddad and our family went out to the caves.  We ended up only doing a couple with the kids.
 Kimberly went down into them all with Kimberly.
Here we make our way down Indian Tunnel.  The largest of the cave/tunnels open to the public.  Some of it was open to the sky because of cave ins and we did have to climb over some rocks.

Sheila and Timmy did such a great job.  Here we are at the end.  Sheila and Granddad are about to climb out the opening.  Ray ended up going up first to help Timmy and then have me hand up Kimberly.  After this cave Sheila was tired so I took the girls back to the car and the boys went to the last caves but it was too scary for Timmy so they came back.  In the afternoon Ray and I went back out and went down into the caves.  I couldn't go all the way into Boy Scout Cave since I got too scared.  At the far back of Beauty cave there was a couple trying to take a long exposure picture of the pool of water.  It was a lot deeper than I remembered.
Here is Grandma and the girls relaxing outside their trailer.  I think the kids over all enjoyed Craters of the Moon.  Maybe in a few years we will come back when they are older and do more of the hiking trails.

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Mom said...

I have not been there in years, and I went as a teenager with about 6 other adults, so I did not find it fun at all. I would probably like it now though. :)